Feng Shui Kitchen
A kitchen is a place where our daily food is prepared and shared. It is a cosy gathering place for the family members and fulfills that intrinsic need for nourishment.
Here are some helpful Feng Shui hints to consider:
- When remodelling a kitchen, add more cooking appliances to increase prosperity.
- Clean the stove top and burners in your kitchen frequently. During normal usage avoid getting your stove dirty or encrusted with spill-over food from the cooking. A clean and properly working stove invites an abundance of food and prosperity into your household.
- If your stove is on an island or peninsula and lacks a wall behind it, place a glazed ceramic vase or a pitcher on the counter behind it.
- It is important to keep the kitchen garbage can out of sight.
- Make sure you store all the cleaning supplies out of sight as well, so that they don’t “clean out” your beneficial energy of prosperity and abundance.
- Don’t place a dragon figurine in your kitchen. Traditionally, Dragon figures at the base of the plate represented due restraint. It’s supposed to warn you against over indulgence of food.
- Don’t place a fish tank in the kitchen, as the pumping water symbolizes the departure of wealth from the family.
- Don’t store kitchen knives in plain sight, in a holder or a wall-mount magnetic strip, however convenient; to do so it cuts prosperity and severs the harmony of the family unit. It would be better, when they are not in use, to place them in a kitchen drawer or a cabinet.
- Finally, tuck a red envelope with three Chinese coins under the bottom of the rice, flour or pasta container and potato bin. This brings abundance and wealth.